Certificate, number 672, for
£300 of 6.5% debenture stock. Issued to Charles Edward Harvey,
of Torryburn, 27 Seymour Road, Bishopston, Bristol on 21st
October 1927. Original signatures of a director and J A
secretary. Green and white certificate with ornate green
border and imprint of company seal.
Palmers, were a British
shipbuilding company established in 1852 by Charles Mark Palmer.
They were based in Jarrow, in Northeast England and also had
operations in Hebburn on the River Tyne. The latter yard was
later absorbed by the Vickers Armstrong concern and formed into
Palmers Hebburn Company Limited, a ship repair establishment
with the largest graving dock in the North East of England.
Certificate size is 29
cm wide x 29 cm high. It will be double mounted in a mahogany
frame, with gold inlay.