Certificate number 2494, dated 3rd May 1926 for 100 shares of capital stock
in this oil company with operations in Venezuela. In 1929 it was sold to
Shell, who purchased it for their 85 gas stations, and hence gained a
presence in the eastern USA.
Issued to Clement M Gile, with the actual handwritten signature of the secretary of the company.
Vignette of eagle at
top of the certificate. Ornate orange border.
Certificate size is
29 cm wide x 19 cm high (12" x 8").