Home > Shop > Mining Sector

1900s Guelph Mining & Milling Company Ltd.

 

Click on thumbnail to enlarge

Stock Code GMM1900

  Unissued certificate from the 1900's in this Kellogg, Idaho-based mining company. Black and gold certificate  in mint condition with small vignettes of mining scenes. Black ornate border with company seal.

Certificate size is 27 cm wide x 21 cm high (11" x 9").

A perfect personalised gift for someone who:

  • works or worked in the mining industry

About This Company

Framed Certificate Price : 80.00

Certificate Only Price : 35.00

 

To order this certificate use the shopping cart below, for payment with Paypal or credit card, or use our mail order service for payment by cheque / cash.
Order Now - Free Worldwide Shipping!
Options
 

 

 

Company History

The first meeting of the Guelph Mining and Milling Company was held in Wardner, Idaho, April 5, 1906. Present were John Corby, William Boyle, Elmer E. Brooks, John W. Brooks, and John Yarbrough. The certificate of incorporation was filed in the Shoshone County Recorder's office on March 22, 1906, and in the office of the Idaho Secretary of State on March 27. The lode claims included Syruna, Guelph, Battle of Waterloo, Waterloo, and New Jersey, located in the Placer Center Mining District of Shoshone County. Claims added around 1915 were the Arab, Ute, Piute, Ridge, and Coyle Fractions.

The incorporators voted that shares not allocated to the locators of the mine were to be withheld from the market for five years. Jerry Culbertson of Kansas City was named official broker for the company.

In 1907 the offices of the company were changed from Wardner to Kellogg and the following directors were elected: William Boyle, H.W. Hatfield, P. Albinola, A.E. Hemphill, and J.B. Yarbrough. In May Elmer Brooks resigned as secretary-treasurer and was replaced by Green Cline who resigned in December and was in turn replaced by John Steffes.

In 1909 a new board of directors consisting of Horace Banza, W.C. Boyle, J.F. Horsley, Gus Granberg, Ralph Smith, and John B. Yarbrough was elected. The capital stock was increased from 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 shares with a par value of $1.00. In 1912 the decision was made to patent the five original claims.

By 1924 the board consisted of J.B. Steffes, S.D. Lemieux, Alfred Coneybeare, B. Coyle, and William Voightlander. In 1925 they voted that all work at the mine be discontinued, the pump and motors be taken out, and a watchman posted. They also discussed Hercules Mining Company's offer to lease, with option to purchase, the Guelph property. The stockholders, meeting on March 16, voted to reject the $100,000 offer.

In the fall of 1928 the directors discussed a proposal by Frank M. Rothrock to organize a corporation to be known as Ambergris Consolidated Mining Company, which would consist of the property of the Ambergris, Honolulu, and Guelph companies. The directors accepted the offer and the shareholders approved the deal. Records for the shareholders meeting show that Rothrock held about 42% of the represented shares.

In May 1929 the directors voted to dissolve the company, and in June the shareholders agreed. The cash balance on hand to be distributed was $1700.84.

Source: University Of Idaho

 

Home  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Search This Site