Certificate number 271
for 1000 shares of £1 each in this engineering company. Dated
11th October 1898, it has the original signatures of directors
Lord Crawford and Lord Hood together with that of the company
secretary. Issued to Walter Claude Johnson of The Dignaries,
Blackheath, London. Mr Johnson was also a director of a large
electrical equipment manufacturer and several
gold mines in Wales.
The company was formed
to acquire the patents relating to improvements in tubular
joints and frame joints, the jointing of tubular frames and of
wheel hubs. These patents were sold to a Mr E Hooley in 1898 and
the company subsequently closed down.
Certificate size is 27
cm wide x 22 cm high (11.5" x 9").