One share of in this
Cheshire brewery, dated 1st August 1867. Black and white
certificate, number 124, in perfect condition with
white embossed seal. Original signatures of Thomas Smith and
John Smith, directors and George Clarke, company secretary.
Issued to Charles Edward Procter, solicitor, of Ashfield House,
nr. Macclesfield, Cheshire.
This company changed its name
to The Macclesfield Brewery Company in 1868. It was eventually
liquidated in 1873 after being acquired by The North Cheshire
Certificate size is 21
cm wide x 19 cm high (9" x 8").