Certificate number 2335 for
one share of £50. it has the original signature of
Thomas King, solicitor to the company.
Issued to William Crowe, Gentleman, of Hills Road, Cambridge.
The Norfolk Estuary Company
was established by an Act of 1847 which gave them powers to work
on the outfall of the River Ouse into the Wash with the main
objective of land reclamation. The company was sold to the
Commissioners of Crown Estates for £223,500 in 1964, and then
wound up in 1967.
Certificate size is 21
cm wide x 16 cm high (9" x 7").