Belfast & Coleraine Junction Railway Company
thumbnail to enlarge
Stock Code DBC1846
Rare certificate, number 397,
for one share in
this Irish early railway company, dated 1st September 1846.
Company offices were in Old Jewry Chambers, London. Original signature of
William Galt, company secretary.
Issued to Edward Holmes of Grays, Essex.
According to the 1846 Dublin,
Belfast & Coleraine Junction Railway Bill, the purpose of the
company was to "make a railway from Armagh to Portrush, with
branches to Randalstown and Ballymoney".
Certificate size is 21
cm wide x 16 cm high (9" x 7").